Hi all! So sorry the Live Healthy Brown County newsletter is late coming to you this week. My fault! 😳 I lost track of what day of the week it was!
Christmas Eve is just 3 weeks from today. I know, right?! Late Thanksgiving makes Christmas appear at warp speed. I’m sure you are busy with your plans for family, friends and work celebrations as well as holiday meal planning, gift shopping and wrapping as well as trying to b-r-e-a-t-h to enjoy it all. I’m going to add to your plate. (you’re welcome! 😉 )
I *really* urge you to find the spirit of the season by helping someone(s) outside of your own family – plus? If you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed, helping someone in need will bring the blessings in your life into sharp focus immediately! There are so many people in need in our community and if we all do just a little, we can do huge things. As Margaret Mead said, “Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Here is a list of what is happening now and over the next few weeks in our community that need volunteers:
- The Salvation Army of Brown County needs Bell Ringers. Sign up at this quick link http://bit.ly/BecomeABellRinger or you can call the Bell Office at 920-884-3077. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary, Inc. is a truly No-Kill animal sanctuary right here in Wisconsin. Their original location is located in peaceful Marion, Wisconsin; however, they now also have a convenient Green Bay location near Lambeau Field and the Resch Center. If you’re in the market to adopt a furry friend you’d do well to stop there for a meet and greet. If you’re looking to work with animals but can’t take one home, well find out more about volunteering for HEA at either location. And if you really want to help out, but you simply don’t have the time or you suffer from animal allergies you can do great things by donating items from their wishlist. Follow them on Facebook, check out their website at www.happilyeverafterinfo.org
- St. Vincent de Paul needs 2-4 people on Saturday Dec 6th and Dec 13th from 1-4p help with moving fixtures (shelves) & furniture at the Weise Street location to shine the floor If you can help please contact Jody Kasten at 920-435-4040 ext. 107 or email email@example.com. Their website is www.svdpgb.org
- Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity ReStore is accepting any and all holiday lights! Doesn’t matter if they’re working or not, if you don’t need them, want them, or are just tired of untangling them every year they would love to take them off your hands! You can drop them at 984 9th Street, the Volunteer Center of Brown County.
- Speaking of the Volunteer Center, they are in search of helping hands to shovel snow for seniors or people with disabilities this winter (bonus here .. exercise!!) http://www.volunteergb.org/#!neighborhood-volunteer-connection/c1f3i
- Toys for Tots is collecting! Drop off a new unwrapped toy at De Pere Auto Center, 705 George Stree by next Monday and they will deliver!
- Donate NEW, unwrapped, unmarked books that are fun for babies, children or young adults up to age 18 by December 10. New, unwrapped books can be brought to any Brown County Library (the Kress Family Library is on North Broadway) and Nicolet National Bank has many area locations including on North Broadway and 1610 Lawrence Drive.
Our community is a warm and wonderful place because we care about one another!
Those are but a *few* of the things happening in our community to let you give back a little or a lot! I’d love to hear of others and hear what you and/or your company are doing.